I joined The Grayzone’s Anya Parampil on her show Red Lines for a conversation about the impeachment soap opera that Democrats subjected us to last week despite knowing they wouldn’t have the votes. Meanwhile, no help has arrived for Americans struggling through a pandemic depression.
Rania Khalek Dispatches from the Underclass
- China’s Saudi-Iran Peace Deal Is a Major Setback for US Empire, w/ Prof. Mohammad Marandi
- EXCLUSIVE | Interview with Mexico’s Leading Presidential Contender Claudia Sheinbaum
- Bombshell w/ Seymour Hersh: US Blowing Up Nord Stream Was ‘Act of War’
- Exclusive Interview w/ Hezbollah’s Second-In-Command Sheikh Naim Qassem
- UN Official Calls for Lifting ‘Illegal’ Syria Sanctions After Seeing Devastation First-Hand
- Joseph T. Dappa on How China Lifted 850 Million People Out of Extreme Poverty, w/ Tings Chak
- DDD on Crisis In Ethiopia: What the Media Isn’t Telling You About the War In Tigray
- Tyrell on Crisis In Ethiopia: What the Media Isn’t Telling You About the War In Tigray
- sven on Gideon Levy makes sense of the violence consuming Israel-Palestine
- Campbell on Discussing the failed impeachment soap opera with Anya Parampil
First I should say I have enormous respect for you as a journalist, commentator and leftist thinker. Same for Grayzone, Chris Hedges,, Greenwald et al. But I am really frustrated and upset with all of you for parroting the false narrative that the DC mob’s storming the Capital Bldg with insurrectionist intent was due to some unconscious economic angst. The evidence says otherwise. Consider the Atlantic article that investigated the mob’s background and of the first 150 arrested 40% were business owners or with white collar jobs. There were no Occupy Wall Street banners or Bernie Bros there just Confederate flags, MAGA hats and Qanon conspiracy fanatics. And no economic rhetoric just Stop the Steal and kill Pelosi and AOC. If Brazil’s Bolsonaro loses the next election and sends a fascist mob to overthrow the National Assembly and kill the leaders, do you think they would just go back to business ? (and Congress was conducting other business in typical dysfunctional manner) Trump’s America First white nationalism is a threat to POC and the Left. His last word’s before exiting the White House were that “we’ll be back”. I would hope you and the other premier leftist journalists would take that threat more seriously.
So you agree but disagree on semantics? That many white collar (aka workers, wage slaves) or business owners aren’t hurting financially is totally disingenuous and creates division.
If you’re going to cite an article link to it.
You also seem to think they’re oblivious to the racism, mate check ya privilege at the door.
Everyone is also aware that anyone on the ‘left’ wouldn’t have gotten as far, shit they wouldn’t get within 10 miles.
Basically mate don’t take offense at people making light of a situation that many of us know is just another demonstration of fascism/corporatism — whatever the hell you want to call it. It was allowed to happen, but please don’t ignore the primary driver, inequality. That everyone there may not have been destitute is worth note but hey look at the Guaido mobs also not poor but they want the poverty to continue and the divisions to increase the same playbooks used elsewhere are coming home.
The great digital dark age were people that agree with you have to disagree coz me feelings, me emotions weren’t catered too, starting circa 2003 hey at least more seem to be aware of it now?? Nah I joke very few seem to be aware of it otherwise facebook/google/twitter wouldn’t be used if you lean even slightly left but the fear of not using them is awesome sauce thus the divides keep growing and darkness grows!!